Ordre des ingénieurs du Quebec
Lancer la recherche

Rechercher :

    OIQ_InternetHomeI amCandidate - Obtaining a permitObtaining a permitEngineer’s diploma Other countries (agreement) before May 31

    Candidate’s profile    

    Engineering diploma covered by the Washington Accord

    The organizations officially empowered to certify Engineering programs of study in various
    countries have signed a mutual recognition agreement known as the Washington Accord.

    We invite you to verify whether your program has been certified by a signatory body of this accord. When doing so, you must also ensure that your diploma was obtained after the organization signed
    the accord, with the exception of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET / United States) signed in 1989, which covers graduates from any year.

    Please note that, in order to be eligible, you must have completed at least 2 years full-time study in the same school that issues the Engineering diploma.

    Furthermore, the OIQ does not recognize programs offered by an institution located outside of the country of the board granting accreditation. An institution geographically located outside of the country of the board party to the mutual agreement is deemed outside of the territory.  

    Please note that the date in parentheses is the exact date that the country became a signatory of the Washington Accord.  The diploma must have been obtained after that official date of signature.

    To verify whether your diploma is covered by the Washington Accord, click on the appropriate country in the following list :

  • Australia (1989)
  • China (2016)
  • Hong Kong (1995)
  • India (2014)
  • Ireland (1989)
  • Japan (2005)
  • Korea (2007)
  • Malaysia (2009)
  • New-Zealand (1989)
  • Pakistan (2017)
  • Peru (2018)
  • Russia (2012)
  • Singapore (2006)
  • South Africa (1999)
  • Sri Lanka (2014)
  • Taiwan - Chinese Taipei (2007)
  • Turkey (2011)
  • United Kingdom (1989) *
  • United States

    * Please note that applicants who obtained a BEng / BEng (Hons) or B.Sc. Hons (Eng.) / B.Sc.(Eng.) in the United Kingdom after 1999 may be required to provide proof of « further learning » to be considered eligible under the Washington Accord.

    If your diploma is not covered by the Washington Accord, click here.


    For more information, contact our office at 514 845-6141, extension 2398 or by email at sac@oiq.qc.ca 


    Ce contenu était-il utile pour vous?

    Tout à faitEn partiePas du tout

    Gare Windsor, bureau 350
    1100, avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal
    Montréal (Québec) H3B 2S2

    1 514 845-6141
    Sans frais : 1 800 461-6141