Ordre des ingénieurs du Quebec
Lancer la recherche


    OIQ_InternetHomeI amCandidate - Obtaining a permitObtaining a permitEngineer's diploma obtained in FranceExperience

    Engineering Experience 

    Engineer's diploma obtained in France (MRA) – Before October 28th 2021

    To obtain an engineer’s permit, you need to prove that you have acquired at least three years of relevant experience, including 12 months in Canada under the immediate control and supervision of an engineer (i.e. a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec or a member of an another  canadian engineering association).


    Recognition of experience

    To have a work experience recognized, you must complete an Engineering experience certification form at the end of each position held or after accumulating 36 months of experience at one job. Forms can be sent by email or by mail.

    Certification of engineering experience acquired in Canada;
    Certification of engineering experience acquired outside Canada

    When your experience is recognized and you have passed the professional examination, the OIQ issues an engineer’s permit to you. This permit allows you to practice engineering independently and use both the title of engineer and its abbreviation “Eng.” after your name, provided you complete the annual registration process every year.




    Was this content useful?


    Gare Windsor, bureau 350
    1100, avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal
    Montréal (Québec) H3B 2S2

    1 514 845-6141
    Toll free : 1 800 461-6141