Ordre des ingénieurs du Quebec
Lancer la recherche


    OIQ_InternetHomeI amMember of the OrderJunior engineer programHolder of a TREP (MRA)

    Holders of a temporary restrictive engineer's permit (MRA) 

    Holders of a Temporary Restrictive Engineer’s Permit (TREP) in virtue of the Agreement between Quebec and France concerning mutual recognition of professional qualifications benefit from requirements that differ from holders of a Junior Engineer Permit.  These special requirements can be found in the Regulation respecting the issuanceof an OIQ licence giving effect to the understanding agreed upon by the OIQ under the agreement between Québec and France concerning mutual recognition of Professional Qualifications.  What follows are the main points to take into consideration in order to obtain your Engineers’ permit.

    The holder of a temporary restrictive engineer's permit is authorized to use the title of Junior Engineer or its abbreviation « Jr. Eng. ». However, he is not authorized to use the title of engineer or its abbreviation "Eng.," and may only practice under the immediate control and supervision of an engineer.


    Engineering experience

    You must demonstrate three (3) years pertinent experience in Engineering of which at least twelve (12) months must have been in Canada under the direction and supervision of an Engineer:

    •  Experience gained while studying for your Engineering diploma may be taken into consideration;
    • Experience gained in Québec or anywhere else in Canada must have been under the direct supervision of a full-fledged Engineer in Quebec or in the province where the experience was gained;
    • Experience credits will not be granted for post-graduate studies;
    • Experience credits will not be granted for successfully completing the Sponsorship programme.  However, this programme could be recognised for the Continuing Education requirements.


    If you have the experience described above, you must complete the recognition of  the certification of engineering experience acquired in Canada form. You may send the documents with by post or by email.

    For the last form, please refer if needed to the Certification of engineering experience acquired outside Canada for junior engineers.

    Professional exam

    You must successfully pass the Professional Exam.  All documents related to the Professional Exam (schedule, registration form, study guide) are available on our website.

    For further information, you may contact our office at au 514 845-6141, local 2398 or by email: sac@oiq.qc.ca


    Was this content useful?


    Gare Windsor, bureau 350
    1100, avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal
    Montréal (Québec) H3B 2S2

    1 514 845-6141
    Toll free : 1 800 461-6141