The OIQ supports the continuing education of engineers in two ways:
In its role as a promoter of the development of skills, the Order:
- Provides an information resource centre.
- Determines available resources and means.
- Disseminates information on such resources and means to members and to their employers.
- Makes engineers and employers aware of the importance of developing their skills.
- Locates and disseminates information on trends and on the evolution of expectations with respect
to engineering skills.
In its role as an organizer of training activities, the Order:
- Influences the focus and content of training activities.
- Ensures that courses correspond with training requests.