Disciplinary inquiry requests
Anyone who believes that an engineer has demonstrated incompetence, negligence, a lack of integrity or carelessness, or has committed other offences under the
Code of Ethics of Engineers
or the regulations
governing the engineering profession, may contact the Office of the Syndic to request an inquiry into the situation.
For more information, go to the FAQ
To request a disciplinary inquiry, you must submit a written request including the following items:
- the name of the engineer concerned by the inquiry;
- a description of the events that occurred;
- the key facts;
- the allegations against the engineer;
- any other information or documents supporting the allegations.
E-mail all of these items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also:
- send the same required items in one of the following ways (instead of by e-mail):
by mail to: Office of the Syndic
Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec,
1801 McGill College Avenue, 6th Floor,
Montreal (Quebec) H3A 2N4
Requests for ethics information
To find out more about the professional and regulatory aspects of engineering,
you can :